Hoka One One launched its much-anticipated Carbon X shoe on June 1. It’s a fast, light and well-cushioned shoe built with a carbon-fiber plate, cushy foam midsole and a rockered profile that combines to promote forward momentum.
The Carbon X features a curved carbon-fiber plate to help propel you forward and accelerate your toe-off. It features PROFLY X foam, Hoka’s lightest and most resilient foam, and has a wide base for a stable, soft and extremely responsive ride. Complete with a lightweight upper and embroidered design, the Carbon X is built for speed.
Weight: 8.7 oz (men’s size 9), 7.2 oz. (women’s size 7)
Heel-to-Toe Offset: 5 mm (32mm heel, 27mm forefoot)
- Single layer engineered mesh upper offers breathability across forefoot
- Embroidery reinforcement provides a lightweight midfoot lockdown
- Gusseted tongue prevents migration across the instep
- Early stage Meta-Rocker delivers an uptempo and propulsive ride
- Light and resilient PROFLY X foam sits above the carbon fiber plate while rubberized foam sits below the plate
- Carefully positioned Carbon fiber plate curls under the lateral toes to deliver a smooth transition through the gait cycle
- Wider forefoot platform provides support and stability along with an accommodating and comfortable fit
- Rubberized foam outsole offers a lightweight, responsive ground contact
Watch the video below as In Motion Running shoe buyer Greg Weich goes over the features of this shoe.
Swing by In Motion Running this week and try on a pair!