The Hoka Evo Mafate 2 is an ideal shoe for longer runs on many of Boulder County’s trails. Created with input from Hoka’s elite trail athletes (including Boulder’s Sage Canaday, the EVO Mafate 2 takes performance on the trails to the next level. With an entirely new upper, the EVO Mafate 2 utilizes lightweight, secure and durable MATRYX fabric and features a breathable vamp for an improved fit and a soft, flexible feel. And the EVO Mafate 2 still has our signature cushion with an aggressive outsole, so you can attack any trail. Run far and wide in comfort.
Watch the video below as In Motion Running shoe buyer Greg Weich highlights the changes to this super-cushioned trail cruiser.
Weights: 10.3 ounces (men’s size 9.0); 8.9 oz. (women’s size 7.0)
Heel-Toe Offset: 4mm (35mm heel, 31mm forefoot)
- Patented MATRYX® technology offers a lightweight, durable and secure fit
- Breathable vamp provides a comfortable fit with improved forefoot flexibility
- Gussetted tongue prevents migration across the instep
- Early stage Meta-Rocker geometry optimizes heel-to-toe transitions
- Lightweight compressed EVA midsole provides comfort
- Rubberized foam midsole/outsole provides responsiveness and resistance to compression
- Sculpted arch pod includes support for medial control
- 5mm Vibram® Megagrip rubber outsole
- Sculpted, aggressive lugs for the most critical conditions
- Rubber composition for unparalleled grip on wet rocks