One of ASICS’ legacy shoes, the GT 2000 is a comfortably appointed stability shoe that offers an ideal blend of cushioning and support. It’s always been known as a very reliable and durable shoe for high-mileage training and this version is all of that and more! The GT 2000 8 is a luxury sedan of running shoes, not a sports car. It looks good, it feels good and it performs pretty well, but it’s never going to be an all-out speed merchant. The GT-2000 8 is more than a half an ounce lighter than the previous edition. That’s a significant reduction and, almost always, lighter is definitely better when it comes to running shoes.
Weights: 10.1 ounces (men’s size 9.0); 8.3 oz. (women’s size 7.0)
Heel-Toe Offset: 10mm (29mm heel, 19mm forefoot)
- Lightweight fabric is extra durable in high-wear areas.
- Midfoot cage locks your foot in place without restricting movement.
- Rubber wraps up the sides to help resist abrasion during rope climbs.
- Foam midsole has a firmer foam carrier for comfortable cushioning where you need it and stability for heavy weightlifting.
- Deep grooves along the outsole allow the shoe to flex and expand in every direction for a lightweight feel as you train.